Sunday, December 2, 2007

Introducing......


Well....He's a boy! Kane Thomas, born 10.05am 19th November, 8lb 11oz / 3.9kg
Kane was accidentally born in hospital, we were planning a home birth but the midwife sent us up to the birthing unit for a hot bath because I had nasty back pain with no sign of anything else happening....and she gave me a sleeping tablet because I'd been awake all night and she wanted me to have a good rest before I went into labour. He was born two hours after I got out of the bath! I wasn't even close to being in labour before we went up there. The sleeping tablet made things reasonably bizarre- I was dozing off between contractions and there are quite a few things I don't remember that well, except that sleeping tabs and pain killers are not the same thing!! I'm pretty glad I don't have to do that every day!
So it was all a bit of a surprise, all we had with us was the clothes we were wearing, we were pretty sure nothing would be happening for a few days yet. We were discharged a few hours later and went home for lunch. Everything went so amazingly well, our heads are still kind of spinning that we suddenly have this little person living at our house!

I suppose we're a bit biased but he is an absolutely beautiful little boy and we're all head over heels in love with him. Very very blessed.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey my sweet,
What a lovely baby you have made.
I am sure that all is going well for you.
I will pass down the line some BIG hugs for you all.
I'm very excieted for you...he looks sooooo lovely.
Love to you
M